Monday, May 2, 2011

Moms Who Teach Mondays


This week May 2-6 is Teacher Appreciation Week and we thought it would be fun to ask a few teachers what gifts they received that made them smile.

This is what they came up with:

A simple bouquet of flowers
Handmade cards from the student
Gift Certificates - even for restaurants or clothing stores!
A really nice thank you card
A hug from both the student and parent with a very sincere thank you
The cutest bulletin board display with letters from each of my students!
One time a parent took my class outside for some games and free play giving me 30 minutes to myself to do whatever I wanted and to take a break! 
Simple gifts and thank you notes
Handpicked flowers by my student
One year my class wrote messages to me on a big poster board that the room mom put together. They delivered it to me singing "Skiner a Mink a Dink a Dink..I love you!" and with my favorite cookies.
Thank you letters from both the students and their parents
Lotions and hand soaps
My favorite meal from Paradise Bakery

As you can tell, many teachers just love a sincere "thank you" and a hug. But of course sweet gifts are always appreciated!!

Being a teacher is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, right after being a mother. Please don't forget to thank all of those wonderful teachers out there. They really do put their hearts and souls into what they do and they love your children like they're their own. {I know from personal experience}. If you need some more cute and fun ideas for the teachers in your life, head on over to Skip To My Lou where she has created a mini-series with amazing ideas from some top bloggers. 

Thank you amazing teachers out there for all of your hard work. 

We sure appreciate you!!!

If you would like to be featured on "Moms Who Teach Mondays" please email us at teachertomom@gmail.com
{Please note: you do not need to be an educator or past educator to contribute...just a mommy :)} 

No comments: