Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day: Last minute ideas!

Demdaco Mother and Daughter Figurine
First of all....Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all of you WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE, SUPER WOMEN moms out there. You truly are the hero's in our lives! Thank you for all that you do and contribute to the world!

I just thought that I would share with you some last minute, fun Mother's Day ideas for your kiddos to do with you or for you to help create for your mothers/grandmothers in your lives.

Here they are:

1. Write Mother's Day poems.
2. Write a story and illustrate it about your mother.
3. Fill out a STATS ON MY MOM sheet that you prepare for your child... (ie: height, weight, color of hair, etc.) DO NOT HELP THEM...It's hilarious to see what they come up with!
4. Plan a menu together for the kids to make of all your favorite things!


** Check out these awesome websites for more ideas:

3 comments:

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

fun ideaS! i wish you would have posted this earlier, because i was trying to think of something for my students to give their moms. i love the stats idea--- def. will do that next year!

Ms. Durning said...

I LOVE willow tree figurines. I just ordered one for my wedding cake topper! :D

teacher2mom said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't post earlier for you Lindsey. Every year my 2nd graders wrote an Acrostic poem M-O-T-H-E-R (words describing their mom's), they filled out a STATS sheet on their mom, and drew their mom's portrait based on the details they remembered about their mom. I got this idea from my own 2nd grade teacher. My mom still has mine from way back when and it is a CRACK UP!!!

Ms. Durning, I LOVE Willow Tree figurines as well. I wish I had thought of that cute idea for my wedding cake! HOW DARLING! Congrats on getting married:) My favorite Willow Tree was given to me this summer...it is a Mother with 3 baby boys;)